Thursday 8 July 2010

Animating water and terrain

This is the texture I had painted in photoshop, Once applied to the model I decided to take it a bit further and gather some textures from various websites to then paint onto the model to give it that bit more realism and detail.

This is the height map I used to create the terrain, You load it into the displacement modifier and increase the strength then it starts to form terrain.

This scene I created to learn how to create terrain, It's achieved by creating a black and white image in photoshop (white for the highest point and black for the lowest.) Then when you apply a displacement map to a plane with the resolution of 1024x1024 (can be any number.) and increase the strength of the displacement map it will manipulate the vertices depending on what strength you input. I then loaded the finished model into photoshop and I simply painted the design (texture) you see on the volcano. I then created a water texture and set a keyframe along the time line then manipulated the texture so when played back, it looks as if its animating.

No comments:

Post a Comment