Wednesday 7 July 2010

3D M1A1 Abrams tank project.

If I would of had more time, I would of added alot more detail and would of created a destroyed village scene for my tank to roll down the street and fire its turret, with a soldier arming the 50cal machine gun ontop.
Here is the template we used to get the correct sizes and shape of the actual tank.

Here are some reference pictures I used when creating my tank.
Here is the texture map for the abrams tank, The different pieces you see are actual real element taken from high-res photos taken of the real M1A1 abrams tank.. You can't get much more realistic than that :). The reason its split up into sections is purely to make it much simpler to texture when UV-Mapping, It saves time having to use seperate textures for each individual piece of the tank.
This is the wireframe view showing off the complexity of the tank.





This is the finished model of the M1A1 Abrams battle tank.

No comments:

Post a Comment